Wanna hear a knock knock joke? Knock knock. Who’s there? Government paraprofessional psych. Government paraprofessional psych who? Government paraprofessional psych here to help your baby develop age appropriate behaviors and cure her sibling rivalry disorder. (Governmental immunity from liability is likely to come into play here.)
FEDERAL HEALTH BILL CALLS FOR BILLIONS IN ORWELLIAN PSYCH PROGRAMS AND TREATMENTS
Information: There is currently an effort in Congress to pass a massive “Health Care Reform” bill. In fact, Congressional leadership is doing everything in its power to pass this $1 trillion plus bill before the August recess. Action is called for, NOW. Here’s why.
There are two versions of the bill — one in the House (H.R. 3200) and one in the Senate (there is no number for the Senate bill at this point, but it is titled the Affordable Health Choices Act).
Both bills forward massive increases in government funding of mental health programs that turn America into a full blown therapeutic state.
The Senate bill (the Affordable Health Choices Act) includes:
- Funding for community based “Health Teams,” which will establish a system of early identification and referral for children at risk for developmental or behavioral problems.
- Allocation of up to $5 billion every year for School Based Health Clinics to provide such services as: mental health assessments (screening), crisis intervention, treatment, counseling and referral to emergency psychiatric care.
- A five-year program for the Center for Disease Control to provide public health “interventions,” screenings and clinical referrals for individuals between 55 and 64 years of age.
- The creation of a new “paraprofessional child and adolescent mental health worker.” The legislation states that this is “…an individual who is not a mental or behavioral health service professional, but who works at the first stage of contact with children and families who are seeking mental or behavioral health services.”
The House bill (H.R. 3200) includes:
- This bill also calls for the establishment of School Based Health Clinics that will provide mental health assessments (screening), crisis intervention, treatment, counseling and referral to emergency psychiatric care.
- Specific funding for mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists.
- The bill creates a home visitation program for families with young children or which are expecting children or who have certain “risk factors.” The program, which is stated as voluntary, provides assessments regarding matters of “age appropriate behaviors,” for children, prevention of family violence and referral to outside services.
- The bill mandates a sweeping mental health parity, which could well encompass all 374 diagnoses in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) and opens the door to coverage for everything from phase of life problem to sibling rivalry disorder. The costs would be horrendous.
- The bill provides for unlimited mental health benefits. As there is no objective or medical test for psychiatric disorders, this is a virtual blank check to the mental health industry.
Psychiatric patients are traditionally “cured” when their insurance benefits run out. In this bill, those benefits never run out. And without anything other than a psychiatrist’ s opinion about whether or not the person’s “illness” is “cured,” this legislation becomes nothing more than taxpayer funded billions to psychiatrists, who will continue their jihad of mass drugging of Americans.
Your voice needs to be heard TODAY in Washington on these outrageous bills. Call, fax, or email your Representative and Senator TODAY and tell them that you are opposed to the above points (pick 3-4) in the Health Care Reform bills. To find your Representative and get their contact information, go to http://www.house. gov/ and to find your Senator and get their contact information, go to http://www.senate. gov/.