National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH): Hold ADHD Consensus Conference in 2013: A follow-up to 1998 Conference.
Click here to sign the petition.
Created By Michael Gilbert PsyD Syracuse, NY
Why This Is Important
It is essential that ADHD is revisited by an objective panel with an honest review of the SCIENCE and not clouded by FIANCIAL, POLITICAL, OR SPECIAL INTERESTS in order to examine the following:
1. do we have scientific evidence to support the validity of disorder
2. what is the long-term efficacy and satety of medications
3. what alternative factors (e.g., trauma, toxins, ineffective parenting/educational approaches, temperament) contribute to the development of ADHD behaviors
4. what non-medication approaches are available that safe and effective for improving social-emotional/behavioral wellness, including ADHD behavior (inattention, impulsivity, hyperactivitiy).
5. should ADHD remain under OHI of IDEA in educational system or is there a better way to meet children’s educational needs.
Youtube Credits: Uploaded by rickygarciargr on Mar 25, 2006